What song are you listening to?

RIP Ignatius Jones
Back in a very very long day ago, I worked at The White Horse Hotel on King Street Newtown just up from Sydney Uni. It was one of the earliest Pub Theatre venues and was very popular. But being next to The Bible bashing Moore College was too much for the poor dears and they forced the theatre to close due to Noise Pollution and late night crowds. The Piano was left behind in the Lounge area where the Theatre used to be. In walked this guy and his friend (no pronouns in those days) I recognised Iggy and deduced that the chap with him was Joylene Hairmouth. They got their drinks and went into the Lounge and Joylene headed straight (Is that the right word) to the Piano. They performed a couple of songs before some idiots started complaining. I apologised to Iggy & Joylene and they were fine, finished their drinks and left. That was back when RSA wasn't a thing and these idiots spent a lot of money in that Pub so they won the Day. Their loss and sadly now it is our loss. RIP Iggy. BTW - The White Horse Hotel is no More - The Bible Bashers ended up buying it!

Back in a very very long day ago, I worked at The White Horse Hotel on King Street Newtown just up from Sydney Uni. It was one of the earliest Pub Theatre venues and was very popular. But being next to The Bible bashing Moore College was too much for the poor dears and they forced the theatre to close due to Noise Pollution and late night crowds. The Piano was left behind in the Lounge area where the Theatre used to be. In walked this guy and his friend (no pronouns in those days) I recognised Iggy and deduced that the chap with him was Joylene Hairmouth. They got their drinks and went into the Lounge and Joylene headed straight (Is that the right word) to the Piano. They performed a couple of songs before some idiots started complaining. I apologised to Iggy & Joylene and they were fine, finished their drinks and left. That was back when RSA wasn't a thing and these idiots spent a lot of money in that Pub so they won the Day. Their loss and sadly now it is our loss. RIP Iggy. BTW - The White Horse Hotel is no More - The Bible Bashers ended up buying it!
Great story, LT!

Members online

Back