Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

Any upgrades on stadiums are provided with state funding, the local council will only contribute a very small amount of funding. We probably won’t get any upgrades on LO or CSS for a long time.
I know, just living I hope really... as an upgrade to LO & css would suit our needs

Thursday night is for TV watching only.
Bad night to go to footy, like Monday.
But as long as ratings ok, crowd is irrelevant.
You can trace that all the way back to Amco Cup days, most games at Leichhardt very sparse crowd but ratings good.
Except when the the Tigers were doing well, then Leichhardt bursting.
Homebush on a Thursday night is a white elephant. PVL knows it. It's a bad look for the game and the very reason why he supports maintaining suburban grounds.

It's all good to hope for upgrades but we are better off going to Accor and earning the money while we hope.

Was expecting it to bucket down today so am not making the game live but wet Leichardt is much worse then wet Accor.

If they could get a roof at Accor and bring the inner bowl in - even if it's not next yr but in the next 10 yrs then it'll be a great home ground. Parking is so easy, public transport is great, lots of food options, pubs just outside the ground and a stadium membership gets you into lots of things not just tigers games (that's my plan if Tigers move their).

It's all good to hope for upgrades but we are better off going to Accor and earning the money while we hope.

Was expecting it to bucket down today so am not making the game live but wet Leichardt is much worse then wet Accor.

If they could get a roof at Accor and bring the inner bowl in - even if it's not next yr but in the next 10 yrs then it'll be a great home ground. Parking is so easy, public transport is great, lots of food options, pubs just outside the ground and a stadium membership gets you into lots of things not just tigers games (that's my plan if Tigers move their).

Agreed, and was going to take the young bloke down to watch today's game until he popped his kneecap again yesterday afternoon.

We can jump on a train from our nearest station at Wyee and relax watching a movie on a journey that is included in the admission price, instead of me getting frustrated with the weekend drivers on the freeway.

Agreed, and was going to take the young bloke down to watch today's game until he popped his kneecap again yesterday afternoon.

We can jump on a train from our nearest station at Wyee and relax watching a movie on a journey that is included in the admission price, instead of me getting frustrated with the weekend drivers on the freeway.
And, of course, if todays game were the 7.30 kick off there would have been double the crowd.

Any upgrades on stadiums are provided with state funding, the local council will only contribute a very small amount of funding. We probably won’t get any upgrades on LO or CSS for a long time.

Honestly Cambo Council should just gift us the land for the stadium and running track - taking majority of our home games there is great for the local economy. I'm sure Shano & Vlandy's agree with this.

The running track could be developed with 1,000 meriton apartments or more which can offset the development of our new niche 20,000 seat stadium - West Leichhardt Oval. Restaurants and Bars to be run by HBG diversifying there revenue streams. NRL will also want a stake in the small boutique hotel thats located on the premises.

If Cronulla can do things like this, we can do something similar with some help. Right

Back