TEAM LIST Trial Wests Tigers v Warriors

Team List
Passing from dummy half has been a problem for us for years now. All the way back to Matt McIllrick (spelling). That’s why I liked Nu Brown - he had a decent pass. If you don’t have a very good dummy half pass nailed down you shouldn’t be playing first grade. The extra tenth of seconds of throwing a wider pass, on the chest, makes or breaks a wide movement in a lot of cases. I remember watching Simpkins debut. I knew within ten minutes he had a sub par pass. Parramatta had a reserve hooker last year or the year before, Joey Lussick. His dummy half passing was the best I’ve seen in a long time. He’s now playing in the Super League I believe. I think he was the Australian Schoolboys rugby halfback and it showed. We should have signed him for depth in our top 30 I thought.

Just on this 200 passes a day thing…is that just they are standing still passing the ball to another bloke 10m away, also stationary, who then passes it back to you?
Maybe we should try these passes whilst running?

Passing from dummy half has been a problem for us for years now. All the way back to Matt McIllrick (spelling). That’s why I liked Nu Brown - he had a decent pass. If you don’t have a very good dummy half pass nailed down you shouldn’t be playing first grade. The extra tenth of seconds of throwing a wider pass, on the chest, makes or breaks a wide movement in a lot of cases. I remember watching Simpkins debut. I knew within ten minutes he had a sub par pass. Parramatta had a reserve hooker last year or the year before, Joey Lussick. His dummy half passing was the best I’ve seen in a long time. He’s now playing in the Super League I believe. I think he was the Australian Schoolboys rugby halfback and it showed. We should have signed him for depth in our top 30 I thought.
What I don't understand is why his passing has never been fixed..plenty of expertise on board to help

Simpkin could be a club legend. There's a reason the club moved heaven and earth to get him here and make him feel comfortable. With Api here, there will be less pressure on him. He will shine. 2023 will be his breakout year.
Maybe, I think he’s to small. Needs to get bigger, he will get trampled by the bigger units.

How did you think Simkin went in the second trial ? I thought his game was great, a huge improvement.
Simpkin could be a club legend. There's a reason the club moved heaven and earth to get him here and make him feel comfortable. With Api here, there will be less pressure on him. He will shine. 2023 will be his breakout year.
Didn't think he had that in him tbh..maybe Robbie and co are having an impact
He looked at the defence too see where the opportunities are,and passing was crisper.
Know he's a kid,but had written him off..maybe prematurely

Back