CEO - Shane Richardson

In what way Gaz?
An article in the financial review that can't even get the ownership structure of Wests Ashfield and the Wests Tigers correct is poorly researched and poorly written.

While it doesn't change the message and content of the article, it is poorly researched.

I do agree with the takeaway that we need to get the independent directors in place and extend Richo, I'd just like it to be better researched.

It’s an interesting article. I suspect the author may have some kind of relationship with the HBG? LOL
We've all seen this story play out in workplaces. As bad as Pascoe was, he would have been operating with a few bosses who had better ideas than his, which would explain his, at times, frustration and aggressive behaviour.
It's laughable to think nobody knew that most of the members didn't pay for their membership until Richo arrived. 😂😂🤣 My stomach is killing me.

It’s an interesting article. I suspect the author may have some kind of relationship with the HBG? LOL
We've all seen this story play out in workplaces. As bad as Pascoe was, he would have been operating with a few bosses who had better ideas than his, which would explain his, at times, frustration and aggressive behaviour.
It's laughable to think nobody knew that most of the members didn't pay for their membership until Richo arrived. 😂😂🤣 My stomach is killing me.
I agree that it there were many more in the know that Pascoe and Hagipantelis and also that Pascoe would have been operating to direction from the Board, which in turn would be reporting to HBG. So there are a whole bunch of critters inplicated. HBG would have known that the club was losing money. The issues that stand out to me are the falsification of the financial performace to members and fans, the falsification of membership growing, and below market rate sponsorship.

The last one is very interesting given Lee was the Chair and Sponsor. I'm sure he precluded himself from dliberations relating to sponsorship; however, I expect his fellow board members didn't put much effort into getting value for money. We knew there was a it of nepotism - just not how deep it was.

Very interesting comment about wanting the players to be your mates; not a great way to run a footy club. You see the issues in local clubs and junior representative teams where coaches and selectors are influenced by relationships with players or their relatives. We definitely don't need that at the elite level or you end up with Nofa type deals.

A few inaccuracies in the reporting but at least for the first time we are getting a peek under the bonnet and getting a feel for what was really going on.

As has been highlighed here time and time again over the years - it is hard to produce a good footy team when you are part of a circus.

An article in the financial review that can't even get the ownership structure of Wests Ashfield and the Wests Tigers correct is poorly researched and poorly written.

While it doesn't change the message and content of the article, it is poorly researched.

I do agree with the takeaway that we need to get the independent directors in place and extend Richo, I'd just like it to be better researched.
Cochise you mentioned in another thread about specific criteria hbg wanted for the new prospective board members, just out of curiosity were you given any insight into what criteria specifically they wanted any potential board members to meet.

I agree that it there were many more in the know that Pascoe and Hagipantelis and also that Pascoe would have been operating to direction from the Board, which in turn would be reporting to HBG. So there are a whole bunch of critters inplicated. HBG would have known that the club was losing money. The issues that stand out to me are the falsification of the financial performace to members and fans, the falsification of membership growing, and below market rate sponsorship.

The last one is very interesting given Lee was the Chair and Sponsor. I'm sure he precluded himself from dliberations relating to sponsorship; however, I expect his fellow board members didn't put much effort into getting value for money. We knew there was a it of nepotism - just not how deep it was.

Very interesting comment about wanting the players to be your mates; not a great way to run a footy club. You see the issues in local clubs and junior representative teams where coaches and selectors are influenced by relationships with players or their relatives. We definitely don't need that at the elite level or you end up with Nofa type deals.

A few inaccuracies in the reporting but at least for the first time we are getting a peek under the bonnet and getting a feel for what was really going on.

As has been highlighed here time and time again over the years - it is hard to produce a good footy team when you are part of a circus.
How the corporates of the former regime. Pasco, Lee or board members havnt committed crimes like falsifying records etc is beyond me. Surely there would be laws against those types of things. I'm no legal expert by any means but I'd hate to imagine what the police or a forensic auditor would find if they really took a good look at things. It's mind blowing that it happened but also it was happening for so long.

Great post Jolls.
The telltail sign for me that cosiness was preferred over a disciplined management style with positional accountability was their desire to hire people with little or no experience which allowed for the circus to continue.
Apparently Rusty Crowe’s relationship with Richo at Souths was not close but built on a high level of respect. The question in my mind is what value do the HBG directors place on that sort of relationship.

allegedly he would be the highest paid in the game

Perhaps it would make him that but if it get's the club to where it should be instead of where we are it is worth every cent.Certainly it also involves heaps of hard work in a tough Sydney market but to be a success you have to earn it

Cochise you mentioned in another thread about specific criteria hbg wanted for the new prospective board members, just out of curiosity were you given any insight into what criteria specifically they wanted any potential board members to meet.
It is not HBG pushing for the skills matrix. It is a recommendation from the review.

I don't think there are many fans of Pascor or Lee but no matter what I don't agree with the new management crapping on the old. This has been happening for years now where new management or coach comes in and pretty much says "we were in shambles before I came in".. It paints us in such a bad light.

Sometimes you need to take the approach of "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". It looks like Richo is doing the right things but he seems to draw a lot of public attention and always seems to be making quotes here and there.

Richo is pushing for the extension ….

I think they are going to need to resolve this pretty soon if he is gunna stay…so the six months is up June 30?

There is always some drama at this pissant club …

I don't think there are many fans of Pascor or Lee but no matter what I don't agree with the new management crapping on the old. This has been happening for years now where new management or coach comes in and pretty much says "we were in shambles before I came in".. It paints us in such a bad light.

Sometimes you need to take the approach of "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". It looks like Richo is doing the right things but he seems to draw a lot of public attention and always seems to be making quotes here and there.
There are 2 sides to Richo’s rhetoric. There is mostly what he himself sees, but every now and then he speaks on behalf of those who hired him.

The last one is very interesting given Lee was the Chair and Sponsor.
I'm sure he precluded himself from dliberations relating to sponsorship; however, I expect his fellow board members didn't put much effort into getting value for money. We knew there was a it of nepotism - just not how deep it was.

This was the massive conflict of interest from day dot that I decried and everyone tried to deny!

If you think Lee recused himself from sponsorship decisions you are kidding yourself!

The dummy spit that he had about Richo approaching alternate sponsors proved he had zero interest in getting the best sponsorship deal for the club as long as Brydens could retain naming rights at a cut-price rate!

The guy shouldn't be allowed to practice law - let alone hold a senior position anywhere near a football club again!

And Justin was just an incompetent fraud as CEO!

Last edited:
lol. We have a CEO who has won 2/3 premierships , taken all 4 clubs he’s been involved with from the bottom to the top, is being chased by Russel Crowe because south’s are a rabble atm, has got our memberships increasing, has finally opened an office in south west, has helped the coach land a marquee player, has cleaned out the warring factions management level and helped at the board level try and gain some independence, is chasing proper corporate sponsorships not just people working at the club, all of this in 4 months…..

And some on this thread want to criticize him.

You lot are off your head.

Go hang out with Lee and Justin and sit in the sh*t house of mediocrity where you belong.

lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Back