Stefano Utoikamanu #241

Now that Penrith missed out on FAFITA watch the Stefano to Penrith talk take off….
Is Stefano really what they are after? At 23 there’s growth in him but really they probably get similar output from Lindsey Smith for less coin. I reckon they’ll find another Sorenson type for the middle.
Maybe Ruldoph might pop up there.

So what do we do?

Sign a 2 year deal for 1 Million a year? Will that keep Stefano on his toes and make him feel unwanted?
OR
Sign a 4 year deal at 800K. Let him feel comfortable...

NOPE, that's not how money works. Stefano is paid a bucketload, 800k 1m, not much difference to him.
Friends.
Playing group
Location and development...

That's going to matter a lot more.

I thought I was pretty clear actually … sign him for 3 years at $900k… that’s my offer if Richo is asking

Don't forget we get the last offer over his best offer.
And $600k for Xavier Willison would be a better value. And probably a better prop IMO on current form.
You may be right, but lets understand the front row.

Sharks, Broncos and other teams regularly pay unders for their front row.

Why?

Who wants to be a Punching bag? ??

Seriously, the Sharks recruited heaps of our players. Why? no one wanted to smash into Paul Gallen.

I'm Penrith, I am loosing JFH, But I have Liam Martin, Yeo and Moses Leota. None of those guys I want to run into. NONE

Parramatta have played the Money game and signed greedy players on coin. This was a HUGE mistake. Now every time one of their players performs a little bit, they kick up a stink and demand more money.

Easts are more selective with who they sign. They realise their gap and sign players to fill exactly that gap. IMHO Olam is our example of this, top class center joining us in the Centers to fill our poor center performance.

We know we are missing a mobile second rower. WE WAIT. Yes, WAIT for one to come onto the market.
Lets stop hiring people out of form and out of position on "potential".

It will be less money than Wests though... however he will excel as a player, play semis, state of origin... etc etc etc, is it worth it???
Look at it this way, stef could play with:

Papalii (not caring), and a washed up Klemmer/Bateman..

OR

Liam Martin, I Yeo and Moses Leota.

Plus he has a real chance of getting a premiership ring.

Don’t listen to a word they just make up stories and blur the lines between there opinion and actual information
remember with Brooks rothfield changed his mind on his salary 3 times in a month from 1.3 million, 900k to then 1.1 million
they make up the salaries all the time

The 3rd last paragraph in the above article states:

it's clear the Origin hopeful wants success and an environment which won't leak to the media - something the Tigers appear to have well and truly cleaned up since the last board led by Justin Pascoe was removed.

Justin Pascoe led board?

I thought he was the CEO and he was directed by the board to carry out their directions.

Are these clowns confused with who was the Chairman and who was the CEO.

May only be a minor point but it just goes to show how little these journalists actually know about what the real situation is and how much they actually just make up on the run.
They are just salty they have to face their own irrelevance

Back