LIVE GAME Round 8 vs. Broncos

Live Game Discussion
Annesley said they got it right on Api's try.
Not quite what he said. He said he could understand both sides of the argument and when you apply the interpretation to this particular incident, you could come up with an argument either way.

Annesley made the point that these rules were introduced to remove howlers that were not addressed by a rule previously, but he conceded that in tight moments the margin between "yes" and "no" can be entirely up to opinion.

So in this particular case, he said video ref determined Api did not re-grip the ball and therefore it was a knock-on. I personally think that is still wrong under the current interpretation, I think Api clearly re-gained his grip on the ball as evidenced by the control and downward pressure he was able to exert. Re-gripping the ball does not necessarily need to involve re-catching the ball with both hands or scooping under it.

And I maintain that any of the serial one-handed try scorers like Coates and DWZ, if you were to freeze frame all their tries you'd find many examples of micro-separations that are not brought back for review. Api's was just large enough in just the wrong kind of try-scoring position and situation that they bothered to scrutinise it.

How does this person have a job?
Even the audio recorded that a thumb held to the ball Api was placing down for a try.
Pixels in it.
What??
It was a try for all money.

1714452460732.jpeg

Turuva's ballplaying isn't great either. Our halves are going to have to do the majority of ballplaying and maybe a ballplaying lock would be handy too. Sort of like Penrith with Edwards playing one side of the ruck
it doesn't come naturally to him like his running game and ability to evade defenders, but he certainly has it in his arsenal. he is an incredible talent. can't believe he's ours.

The Dragons loss was a bad one but WT just played the two best teams, so that doesn't help their early season ladder spot. The Dogs will give fans a clearer idea of where he team is at, with Galvin at 5/8. We already know what they are like without Galvin haha

it doesn't come naturally to him like his running game and ability to evade defenders, but he certainly has it in his arsenal. he is an incredible talent. can't believe he's ours.
Yes I'm very happy to have him but I don't believe ballplaying is one of his strengths. He will need to work on it like Mr Bula

Back