Pop Up Ads?

T

Tiger5150

The last few days, when I come to the forum and click on a thread for the first time, I get a pop up ad. Is this expected? Something new?

Yeah I’ve been getting them on mobile - it often blocks where I’m typing or blocks the button to take me back to the last post I read.

Annoying but if it helps keep the forum up then can’t complain

Yeah annoying but I'm OK if I know its a site thing and not some weird virus or malware. (both my malwarebytes and McAfee scan clean).

These ads make it very difficult to write replies on my phone. Even when deleting the ad a little bar stays and it covers where I'm trying to write. Maybe the ads could be done differently so they're not covering what I'm writing?

@jc99 said in [Pop Up Ads?](/post/1300165) said:
These ads make it very difficult to write replies on my phone. Even when deleting the ad a little bar stays and it covers where I'm trying to write. Maybe the ads could be done differently so they're not covering what I'm writing?

I use a AdBlock

Same for me.... And that red bubble. Thing damn annoying too... My text goes behind it as well

@innsaneink said in [Pop Up Ads?](/post/1300171) said:

Same for me.... And that red bubble. Thing damn annoying too... My text goes behind it as well

Same here ... I’d say it’s some sort of chat bubble ?

@hobbo1 said in [Pop Up Ads?](/post/1300173) said:

It takes you in and out of the quoting window.

That is it remains there until you submit a post, reply, etc

Just use the arrow button to skip a few lines like this
![20210204_195123.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1612432305586-20210204_195123.jpg)

Then you can clearly see what you are writing without the little red caption tag getting in the way

@mike said in [Pop Up Ads?](/post/1300170) said:

I use a AdBlock

I just took your advice and downloaded ad blocker from iPhone App Store. It fixed everything.

@needaname said in [Pop Up Ads?](/post/1300175) said:

Yeah I’ve worked that out but it doesn’t need to be there when you just hit “quote”
If you want to exit a quote you just hit the X top left ..then press “confirm”
Or am I just a techtard ?

@hobbo1 said in [Pop Up Ads?](/post/1300180) said:

Yeah I’ve worked that out but it doesn’t need to be there when you just hit “quote”

The problem when you hit X is that you lose everything you’ve written. The red button allows you to keep your content and come back to it.

@nrlsurvivor said in [Pop Up Ads?](/post/1300181) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Pop Up Ads?](/post/1300180) said:

The problem when you hit X is that you lose everything you’ve written. The red button allows you to keep your content and come back to it.

Thx mate ...
Makes sense .. cheers

Thanks for raising this, there shouldn't be any pop up ads at all.

Sure enough, I just checked and I hadn't specified that during the recent system update.

They should now be off.

@kul said in [Pop Up Ads?](/post/1300183) said:
Thanks for raising this, there shouldn't be any pop up ads at all.

Sure enough, I just checked and I hadn't specified that during the recent system update.

They should now be off.

Excellent, thank you

Thanks @Kul
Is it possible to do something with the quote bubble? Make it so the quoter can relocate it on the screen?

Back