Michael Morgan

Id call that good luck rather than good management. We did sack our coach to chase Ciraldo.

Do you think we’re in a better position with Benji for another 4.5 years?
I think the Coaches are not the problem.

A big difference is we see the Bulldogs strength and Conditioning improve. Ours has just seemed to go backwards. Ok I would very much rather be us beaten by the Cows in Cowland then Newcastle by the same margin.

We need to as a club get our culture right. No recruit is going to fix this.

Id call that good luck rather than good management. We did sack our coach to chase Ciraldo.

Do you think we’re in a better position with Benji for another 4.5 years?
Then Madge?

Yes. As Sheens said and rightly "Madge was done". Madge seemed to be trying the same playbook, the same thing week in week out. Sheens, instead does different stupid stuff.

This is probably just speculation and rubbish.

However, we signed a coach who hasn’t been coaching because all the decent coaches knocked us back.

All the decent halves have knocked us back, so I don’t know what the next step is…

This is a really good post. We are so unappealing that we can't recruit quality options even if we have the money.

Ciraldo knocked us back and now the Bulldogs are stuck with the flogger for another 4.5 years … do you think Ciraldo is a decent coach?

He was rated so highly. The real force behind Penrith.

I think Ciraldo is probably a decent coach but he isn't a miracle worker. I don't think any coaches are miracle workers.

A big difference is we see the Bulldogs strength and Conditioning improve. Ours has just seemed to go backwards.

Has it ? My mate was the team's wrestling coach under Madge and he is as well credentialed as any wrestling coach in Australia. He was significantly better credentialed than the Melbourne Storm wrestling coach.

When he was replaced everyone seemed to agree that this was a movement in the right direction. Maybe it was but how do we know ?

I'll tell another story. A guy I know won a medal in boxing in the Commonwealth games. I remember him telling me that he thought boxing skills were much more important than being able to skip for an extra 10 minutes or whatever.

I understand fitness strength and conditioning matter but how much does it matter and how much difference to new trainers really make ?

Ciraldo and Dogs will come good eventually. Gus mostly never fails. He's egoistic but gets results.

Ciraldo has extremely good values and has done a very strong apprenticeship. He's gone through the right channels and kind of like Seiboldt, he will eventually learn the intricate communication side to players. They'll probably be top 8 in 2026 or so.

I can't see us anywhere close to Top 8 for a long time.

Ciraldo and Dogs will come good eventually. Gus mostly never fails. He's egoistic but gets results.

Ciraldo has extremely good values and has done a very strong apprenticeship. He's gone through the right channels and kind of like Seiboldt, he will eventually learn the intricate communication side to players. They'll probably be top 8 in 2026 or so.

I can't see us anywhere close to Top 8 for a long time.
All teams come good.
It's the cycle of all comps.
(EG, the Roosters came wooden spooners with Freddie Fittler in charge in 2009.)
Keep the faith.

I'd say no.

But it's nice to see all that hype around Ciraldo has been completely unwarranted. Sure they've got injuries, but even when they were at full strength earlier in the season they were ordinary.

Of course, too early in his career to write him off. But wouldn't be surprised if he was just another Trent Barrett.
That's a slap in the face for him.

I'd say no.

But it's nice to see all that hype around Ciraldo has been completely unwarranted. Sure they've got injuries, but even when they were at full strength earlier in the season they were ordinary.

Of course, too early in his career to write him off. But wouldn't be surprised if he was just another Trent Barrett.

Yesterday, the Dogs were only missing 2 stars of their top 30 (Kikau and Thompson).
Not play makers either.

Reactions: Moh
Yesterday, the Dogs were only missing 2 stars of their top 30 (Kikau and Thompson).
Not play makers either.

I think Ciraldo is probably a decent coach but he isn't a miracle worker. I don't think any coaches are miracle workers.
And Thompson is a waste of space

Maybe he needs some of Ronnie’s magic dust.😂

Back