John Bateman #268

Big fan of John Bateman. Always gives his best. The same as Api. Agree both should be given breaks during the games for more impact. We can see the boys are putting in the effort but not smooth in attack and it shows. We all know John has a very strong accent and I think it would have been better if Api was questioning Kasey if he had played. A tricky one as John deserved the captaincy but needed another player to put questions to the ref. Can the vice-captain do that if it occurs again. It would have helped us for sure.
I’m the same API and John both give 100% and wear the jersey with pride , John is an emotional player and maybe not captain material around a woman ref BUT. Geezus she was hopeless and got loads wrong , Capetians challenges were enough , frustration in a very tough sport can be expected and so to respect for the ref male or female but the nrl needs to get it right again , she is not close to first grade material

Bateman is the very player we need in the club; someone who cares about the result.

Benji's focus on 'the process' and 'not just about wins and losses' might sound like a modern, revolutionary methodology, but it has the propensity to breed complacency amongst those young players learning what it means to be professional.

You can only earn the right to a laidback approach after you've proven you can put it all on the line.

Big fan of John Bateman. Always gives his best. The same as Api. Agree both should be given breaks during the games for more impact. We can see the boys are putting in the effort but not smooth in attack and it shows. We all know John has a very strong accent and I think it would have been better if Api was questioning Kasey if he had played. A tricky one as John deserved the captaincy but needed another player to put questions to the ref. Can the vice-captain do that if it occurs again. It would have helped us for sure.
You make a good point, clearly she did not understand the rules, how the f#%k was she ever going to understand Bateman.

An interpretor?

Bateman is the very player we need in the club; someone who cares about the result.

Benji's focus on 'the process' and 'not just about wins and losses' might sound like a modern, revolutionary methodology, but it has the propensity to breed complacency amongst those young players learning what it means to be professional.

You can only earn the right to a laidback approach after you've proven you can put it all on the line.
Disagree.
Benji got this approach from Sheens and any coach teaching young fellas would follow the same path.
You can't get to the final result be it a W or a L...
Let's call it (the final result) step 5 & the kick off step 1
You can't go from 1 to 5 without completing 2, 3 & 4
I know it sounds simplistic but this middle steps are minimise errors, Complete sets, kick & chase well etc etc all the facets of the game.
You get that all this middle steps correct or do it well & your result more often than not will be a positive one.

Disagree.
Benji got this approach from Sheens and any coach teaching young fellas would follow the same path.
You can't get to the final result be it a W or a L...
Let's call it (the final result) step 5 & the kick off step 1
You can't go from 1 to 5 without completing 2, 3 & 4
I know it sounds simplistic but this middle steps are minimise errors, Complete sets, kick & chase well etc etc all the facets of the game.
You get that all this middle steps correct or do it well & your result more often than not will be a positive one.
Im not saying other parts of the game don't matter, I'm saying zero focus on the result can breed complacency in certain personality types.

You always start with the end result in mind and reverse engineer off that.

The end result should be victory.

Always.

Members online

Back