Harvey Norman NSW Women's Premiership 2023 draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a farce when the draw is released, but teams can't sign players (NO Salary Cap),

View attachment 3854
I agree it’s a farce for NRLW, but I think you’re getting a bit mixed up mate.

NSW Women’s Premiership is the state competition.

NRLW is the national comp.

Pretty much all the good women’s players still play in both comps (QLD-based players would play in the QLD equivalent) but one is sanctioned by NSWRL/QRL, and one is sanctioned by NRL.

We've already named our squad for Women’s Premiership.

I agree it’s a farce for NRLW, but I think you’re getting a bit mixed up mate.

NSW Women’s Premiership is the state competition.

NRLW is the national comp.

Pretty much all the good women’s players still play in both comps (QLD-based players would play in the QLD equivalent) but one is sanctioned by NSWRL/QRL, and one is sanctioned by NRL.

We've already named our squad for Women’s Premiership.

OOPS!!

Mixed up? Sure did stuff up.
Thanks champion @KingRobbie.

Its a mess the womens comp...players playing for two diff teams in a season
They have to go about it this way though, where the best players play in the state comps and national comp.

Otherwise they just wouldn’t play enough
footy.

And there’s no point making NRLW seasons longer or adding more teams (yet), because the talent pool/spread just isn’t there yet to have that many teams for a nationally televised game.

They’ll keep growing, but they’ve gone about it perfectly since the NRLW started.

Much better than the AFLW, where the talent spread is terrible because there’s too many teams for a sport which at the women’s level is still in its infancy.

They have to go about it this way though, where the best players play in the state comps and national comp.

Otherwise they just wouldn’t play enough
footy.

And there’s no point making NRLW seasons longer or adding more teams (yet), because the talent pool/spread just isn’t there yet to have that many teams for a nationally televised game.

They’ll keep growing, but they’ve gone about it perfectly since the NRLW started.

Much better than the AFLW, where the talent spread is terrible because there’s too many teams for a sport which at the women’s level is still in its infancy.
You would invisage that this would be resolved years down the track when the playing numbers increase and hopefully more involvment and interest from supporters, clubs and sponsors 🤔

You would invisage that this would be resolved years down the track when the playing numbers increase and hopefully more involvment and interest from supporters, clubs and sponsors 🤔
Definitely.

The players will get better, the NRLW season will get longer and the players won’t have to play in the state comp in addition to the main comp.

Definitely.

The players will get better, the NRLW season will get longer and the players won’t have to play in the state comp in addition to the main comp.
There are similarities with NRL and KOE NSW Cup and have a look at how structured and successful that is.
I dream of the time when the NRLW teams are pressured for starting spots from lower comps and the standard will get better and better.
I really hope our COE and emphasis on pathways can help NRLW players secure healthy salaries and get what they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back