Senior Management and The Board - MEGA Thread

Ahhh good old Lee. Absolute gold. Just in case anyone was having doubts about leaks and how piss poor previous management was, he comes out with this masterpiece. Probably his finest work. Thanks for confirming everything.
Goodbye and good riddance.
Just read it. Hypocrisy and Narcissism seem to sum up Lee quite well. He's a real piece of work and won't be missed.

OMG….. he ( Hagipantelis) is worried that we will have no success because of the new management?? Seriously 😟? We cannot get any worse than we went under his so called “management “ could we ? That letter demonstrates perfectly why he needed to go… it is all about him, the club was being used as a vehicle to further HIS interests only.. he is a thin skinned, arrogant narcissist that is perfectly suited to compensation lawyering ! He was born to chase ambulances! No wonder he is very very successful at that!
Go chase a parked ambulance.

Knock yourself out Lee.

This is the most embarrassing sook I have read in ages.

Charman Lee just destroyed any respect for himself from Tigers and Footy fans.

Glad he is gone. Showing his true colors.

Classic example of a so called fan not being a so called fan.

He used his money to buy himself a position of power at the club & #1 ticket holder to which he then profited from via his radio gig etc. Then questions why he gets punted after we had our worst 2 years on record in which he was in charge of. Then spits the dummy and cuts his funding because he doesn’t get what he wants.

Bet if his organization performance was terrible he would be the 1st to punt people.

I didn't even read the article in full.

I had plenty of time for Lee as a major sponsor, even if I didn't like the way he carried himself, because he at least put his money where his mouth was.

But if he's exiting now and wants to go on about how he was treated, or some other boring tirade, I could care less and his comments are no longer relevant.

Works out well for all parties if he's no longer an official representative.

Lee is a professional parasite and so are the clowns like who supported and made excuses for him.

He embarrassed the club on multiple occasions with his mouth and actions, cost us signings, gave a massive nepo contract to Nofa, and was the likely source of the leaks coming out of the club.

The future and professionalism of the Wests Tigers improved significantly the day this cancer was cut out of the club.

Last edited by a moderator:
With another five weeks until our next game at home, I wanted to take this opportunity to write to you about our team, our progress, and our plans.

You don't have to be a brain surgeon to realise that two wins and seven losses is not the start we all wanted this season. Having said that, I have no doubt that we have improved on the field, as we commence our journey towards success.

This journey will not be an easy one. There will be ups and downs. There will be highs and lows. There will be disappointment and elation. That is what building a club is all about. It is crucial that we are patient, and we stick to a plan.

I want to outline to you my thoughts on where we are now, and where we are going.

When I first arrived at Wests Tigers we sat down and mapped out our recruitment and development program, which we have shared with you in our strategic plan.

We reviewed our roster and mapped the way forward for this year and the years to follow.

This year’s roster was all but finalised when I arrived, but we were able to bolster the NRL squad with the addition of Justin Olam, and as you know, we have made other significant signings for next season and beyond.

I have outlined a few key areas that are fundamental to the future success of our team.

Coaching
We have an excellent coaching staff led by Benji and I can assure you his team are working hard every day to attain success.

Elite juniors
We have an abundance of young juniors in our top squad who are all in the early stages of being ‘NRL ready’. We made a conscious decision this season to help fast-track these players in our NSW Cup side, rather than have them playing in SG Ball or Jersey Flegg.

While this has been challenging for NSW Cup coach Aaron Payne, we are already seeing these young men improve week by week. Naturally, we all want to win, and it’s common for people to crave instant success, but the development of these young players to NRL standard is crucial for our future.

Recruitment
We have been strong in the recruitment market in areas of need for next year. We will be continually moulding the squad to fit Benji's vision, as we have done already with players like Jarome Luai and Sunia Turuva.

Pathways & Development
We have many exciting young players in our pathways’ teams and development squads in our pipeline. A key component of our development strategy is to not block opportunities for these players where possible.

We will shortly be announcing more young signings who have emerged through our pathways system.

We are streamlining our development programs to make them more efficient, whilst at the same time improving our coaching and structures.

NSW Cup
We need to, and will, bolster our NSW Cup side. It is important that we bring in players who have the capability to assist the development of our young side, and at the same time improve on-field performance to place greater pressure on our NRL team.

Culture
We are placing a very big emphasis on the culture of our club from our junior rep teams through to NRL.

This must be a club that players aspire to come to and want to stay at, and the greatest recruitment tool is word of mouth.

Having read the above, I hope you can now perhaps better understand why I am so confident that we will together achieve the success we are aiming for.

Building a club from the bottom to the top is NOT ‘Fantasy Football’. It takes hard work and commitment to stay the journey.

Be disappointed in losses, I sure am. But remember this, there is no gain without pain.

Together, we will build a club that we can be very proud of. Divided, and failure is a certainty.

Kind regards,

Richo
Member #2945843

With another five weeks until our next game at home, I wanted to take this opportunity to write to you about our team, our progress, and our plans.

You don't have to be a brain surgeon to realise that two wins and seven losses is not the start we all wanted this season. Having said that, I have no doubt that we have improved on the field, as we commence our journey towards success.

This journey will not be an easy one. There will be ups and downs. There will be highs and lows. There will be disappointment and elation. That is what building a club is all about. It is crucial that we are patient, and we stick to a plan.

I want to outline to you my thoughts on where we are now, and where we are going.

When I first arrived at Wests Tigers we sat down and mapped out our recruitment and development program, which we have shared with you in our strategic plan.

We reviewed our roster and mapped the way forward for this year and the years to follow.

This year’s roster was all but finalised when I arrived, but we were able to bolster the NRL squad with the addition of Justin Olam, and as you know, we have made other significant signings for next season and beyond.

I have outlined a few key areas that are fundamental to the future success of our team.

Coaching
We have an excellent coaching staff led by Benji and I can assure you his team are working hard every day to attain success.

Elite juniors
We have an abundance of young juniors in our top squad who are all in the early stages of being ‘NRL ready’. We made a conscious decision this season to help fast-track these players in our NSW Cup side, rather than have them playing in SG Ball or Jersey Flegg.

While this has been challenging for NSW Cup coach Aaron Payne, we are already seeing these young men improve week by week. Naturally, we all want to win, and it’s common for people to crave instant success, but the development of these young players to NRL standard is crucial for our future.

Recruitment
We have been strong in the recruitment market in areas of need for next year. We will be continually moulding the squad to fit Benji's vision, as we have done already with players like Jarome Luai and Sunia Turuva.

Pathways & Development
We have many exciting young players in our pathways’ teams and development squads in our pipeline. A key component of our development strategy is to not block opportunities for these players where possible.

We will shortly be announcing more young signings who have emerged through our pathways system.

We are streamlining our development programs to make them more efficient, whilst at the same time improving our coaching and structures.

NSW Cup
We need to, and will, bolster our NSW Cup side. It is important that we bring in players who have the capability to assist the development of our young side, and at the same time improve on-field performance to place greater pressure on our NRL team.

Culture
We are placing a very big emphasis on the culture of our club from our junior rep teams through to NRL.

This must be a club that players aspire to come to and want to stay at, and the greatest recruitment tool is word of mouth.

Having read the above, I hope you can now perhaps better understand why I am so confident that we will together achieve the success we are aiming for.

Building a club from the bottom to the top is NOT ‘Fantasy Football’. It takes hard work and commitment to stay the journey.

Be disappointed in losses, I sure am. But remember this, there is no gain without pain.

Together, we will build a club that we can be very proud of. Divided, and failure is a certainty.

Kind regards,

Richo
Member #2945843
I think this is generally good stuff from Richo and probably one of the more coherent pieces of communication punters have received from the club in its existence. However, why do these types of messages always come with a request for patience and no acknowledgement of the patience already practiced for 12 plus years?

I think this is generally good stuff from Richo and probably one of the more coherent pieces of communication punters have received from the club in its existence. However, why do these types of messages always come with a request for patience and no acknowledgement of the patience already practiced for 12 plus years?
I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing while reading it

Coaching

Elite juniors

Recruitment

Pathways & Development

NSW Cup

Culture

Kind regards,

Richo
Member #2945843

I know some will say that this is just meaningless fluff to keep the plebs happy and keep him in a job (under the old admin that thought would probably be accurate).However it was always going to be a huge job to turn around the massive entrenched failures that our club seems to wallow in.
Time and patience will get us out the mess and Richo is the right bloke to do it which is why i am happy to see him here long term.I may not see the benefits of it because of my age/health but i am far more confident of our future than i have been since the JV was announced.
Keep the faith

Coz we keep rewriting the script, we need a strong coach and CEO driving the ship.
We tried Madge and Sheens, no joy, so we try and approach the hit up and comer, namely Ciraldo, no joy, so we decide on an untried rookie coach to pull us out of the mire. I think we can all see what that’s brought, no joy.
We’ve brought in a high profile CEO who’s been around the traps but still settling in. He has , however, got a couple of Penrith hot shots coming in plus some good juniors .
What else can we do but try and show more patience, after being patient for a long time.
Our house is full of cracks and the only solution imo is demolish and try to rebuild from the ground up.

Geez @jadtiger sorry to hear your health isnt good, hang in there champ.

I guess patience and hope is all we have, it does get bloody tiring hearing it year after year...but what else can we do...other than quit

I didnt watch the whole game last weekend as I was a bit crook, 2nd half just checking for updates occasionally as weve seen it all before and I didnt need anything else making me feel worse

Latest posts

Members online

Back