Best try ever!

tiger_one

Looking at Coates' try in the Melbourne v. Warriors game, which was incredible for effort and in the context of the game, it took my thoughts to all so many tries scored throughout time where the try was super spectacular, and all being reasons why I love this game.

Like this one:

They're claiming last year's was the best of all time.

Not sure about that...
Defo try of the year (so far)
Hard to beat I'd say.
We'll see.

They're claiming last year's was the best of all time.

Not sure about that...
Defo try of the year (so far)
Hard to beat I'd say.
We'll see.
What was last year’s..Cleary in the GF?

Melbourne’s final 3 minutes in the game last night were as good as rugby league can get.
Send that to the Yankees.

The talent and tries on show in one round of league highlights why union is decades behind in entertainment and has minimal interest in Australia.I used to enjoy playing both league and union when i was young but could not give a rats about union these days as it is more a game for refereees to practice their whistle blowing technique than anything else

The talent and tries on show in one round of league highlights why union is decades behind in entertainment and has minimal interest in Australia.I used to enjoy playing both league and union when i was young but could not give a rats about union these days as it is more a game for refereees to practice their whistle blowing technique than anything else

Yes, life was simpler then, and so was the fun in playing and watching both codes.
These days, everything is under intense microscopes, administrations seem to think that the more rules we change - the better the outcomes.
And did I mention that these days, it's no longer games, it's all about the product.
Or the brand.
Or some other contrived agenda.
Strike a light - It's football.

Last edited:
Listening to Bellamy speaking afterwards how it was no fluke and Coates practices that constantly after training. I’d be happy if our wingers would just practice marking up on their opposite number and tackling them ! 🤬

I was on the Warriors and couldn't believe that they could blow it with 4 mins to go. Good game for footy.
They really didn’t blow it, Melbourne were just perfect and had to be because the Warriors were playing incredible footy in that second half.

They give out the Try of the Year at the Dally M's, so the Cleary try hadn't happened yet.

They gave it to the Feagai match-winner on the bell for the Dragons.

Yeah that was a cracker.
Last nights was magic though.

They really didn’t blow it, Melbourne were just perfect and had to be because the Warriors were playing incredible footy in that second half.
How good were they to get back in it with Melbourne on fire - best half from Jarome Hughes for a long time. I thought they were at gone at half time but to their credit they were great in the second half. Top game.

Back