Benji Masterstroke!!

RLEvangelist

Imagine turning up for battle against a formidable opposition. Being an after
thought and a guaranteed walk-over 2 points.

Then seeing Olam (a back) charging in from the back fence against much bigger fowards bending their line back and generating momentum. Then absolutely rattling them in defence. So much so that they fear attacking his end.

Api rising up from the ashes in every play literally. You think hes tackled? Nooo he he ducks and weaves and schemes till he can barely walk.

You reckon the rest of the team will sit back and throw in the towel? Hell no ...they would run into a brick wall seeing these generals give their all.

Get excited tigers!!! Its gonng be one hell of a year.

And Benji? Masterstroke. By letting the players play their game. Not overcoaching.

Last time Tigers won the premiership they had the same game plan.

Then seeing Olam (a back) charging in from the back fence against much bigger fowards bending their line back and generating momentum. Then absolutely rattling them in defence. So much so that they fear attacking his end.

Api rising up from the ashes in every play literally. You think hes tackled? Nooo he he ducks and weaves and schemes till he can barely walk.

You reckon the rest of the team will sit back and throw in the towel? Hell no ...they would run into a brick wall seeing these generals give their all.

And Benji? Masterstroke. By letting the players play their game. Not overcoaching.

His post match comments about letting Galvin and Bula trust their first instincts took me back.

Post match interview

like hearing Benji say how fit Olam is now. He had a bit of a dig at Melbourne saying they played him injured for parts of last year. Also the way he talked about Galvin and Bula being aloud to play what in front of them. Not having a game plan that stifles their natural game .

Post match interview

like hearing Benji say how fit Olam is now. He had a bit of a dig at Melbourne saying they played him injured for parts of last year. Also the way he talked about Galvin and Bula being aloud to play what in front of them. Not having a game plan that stifles their natural game .
Unfortunately he finished with a limp last night. Not sure if that made the coverage.

Unfortunately he finished with a limp last night. Not sure if that made the coverage.
Yep. It was on the coverage with about 10 mins to go. It could have been cramp because they also showed Olam and Bateman doing a lap around the oval after the game and he seemed to be walking OK. I think a few players had cramp and a few bumps and bruisers. Not as bad as the Sharks though.. we banged them up proper.

He tinkered with things and got the players up for the game they clearly want to play for him. If we can be lucky with no injuries I don't see how we don't get off the bottom of the table.

Is Benji stroking again

Thanks LT (y) This is amazing. I'm gunna archive this one [however you do that :unsure: :confused:]
And I like the way Benji has his arm around Sullivan as if to say "you may have done a couple of dumb things during the game, but you're still an important part of the team" i.e.. a confidence boost.

Last edited:
Back