‘Who’s going to come up with the $40 million?’: Leichhardt Oval faces NRL extinction by 2025

Just a gut feeling that if we are able to win some games starting Saturday and we get competitive this year things may change , The NRL can come in with funding along side the council , NsW government and maybe some private donations , it will revolve around the success of the footy team , if we somehow are in the hunt this year of a top 8 spot and the crowds are strong this would change things I believe , $ 40 million is a fair chunk but if you have the NRL drop 15 mill , Council $ 5 mill , NSW Gov. $ 10 mill the other $ 10 mill will be easy to come up with via sponsors , Donations , ( Meriton Stadium ) donation $ 5 million for 3 years naming rights etc , even the club may be able to drop in some funds , couple mill , and yes I know wishful thinking but I’m staying positive on all fronts Wests Tigers , I’m sick of being negative , and watching grubs like Paul Kent and that Bald wanka slag our team , players and coaches

Is the NRL going to start putting their own money into stadium upgrades ? Do it for one,,, will have to do it for all..

I also don’t think $40m gets you much … and Breen is guessing with this number ..The Councils own recent proposal wanted $100m… guess if $40m gives them the minimum to keep the gates open so be it ..

Members online

Back